Tuesday 31 January 2012

Well, That Lasted Long...The Failed Resolutions of 2012

 After almost a month of angelic, refreshing, healthy behaviour there seems to be a bit of a tug on the old heart/belly strings. It is the well deserved pig-out in which one must consume as much naughtiness as possible in one sitting.

If you haven't broken the healthy resolutions yet- now is your chance, we are truly in the depth of that January / February black hole and the only solution is home made, indulgence. If you never began to attempt any sort of new lifestyle, keep on trucking and treat yourself to even more. However, not to put you off or anything, I have been rather pre-occupied with summer plans due to the lack of sunlight and the issue of the 'bikini body' bombarded my brain box. I think we'll address that another time...
Ali's Roast Ham 
My wonderful housemate produced an amazing feast; slow roasted ham in orange juice and Magners cider with honey roasted vegetables. Upon the late arrival of a friend I, out of complete empathy, had my fourth helpings of the evening. Isn't it horrible eating alone with everyone glaring and salivating? So I decided to ease the pressure. Aren't I a good friend!

Tarte au Citron 
Not that we needed any more treats after the main, but I couldn't help myself. This is Mary Berry's Tarte au Citron featured on The Great British Bake Off. I'm sure Mary would have had a lot to say about mine, but as far as I'm concerned my pals thought it tasted amazing and it didn't look too shabby either! The more you make your own pastry, the better it will get and the more joy and pride you will get from your creation! So find a way that best suits you, I just go with using my hands all the way- none of this electric zizzing, and hope for the best! Maybe one day I will be up to Mary's standards, but taste and heart comes before any of that. 
Don't you just love a picture of the evidence? 
I hope this has inspired you to get baking and feast-out with friends! 
X

No comments:

Post a Comment